Steps To Adjust RO’s Setup Permit
In the course of operation in Vietnam, foreign traders shall have to carry out the procedures for adjusting permit for Representative Office’s (RO’s) establishment of foreign companies in Vietnam when there are changes in address, name and so on.
Cases need to modify
Foreign traders must carry out the procedures to adjust RO’s Setup Permit in the following cases:
1. Change of the name or address of the foreign business establishment.
2. Change of operation contents of foreign traders directly related to the operation contents of representative offices in Vietnam.
3. To change the head of the representative office.
4. Change of the name of the representative office.
5. Change of operation contents of the representative office.
6. Address change of a representative office in a province or city under the central authority or in a geographical area under the management board.
How to adjust RO’s Setup Permit
Within 60 working days from the date of changing the license’s content, the trader shall prepare the dossier in accordance with law provisions and submit the dossier to the receiving unit. The Department of Industry and Trade (No. 163 Hai Ba Trung, Ward 6, District 3), Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 11:30 am, afternoon from 13:00 to 17:00 ).
Department of Industry and Trade received dossiers and issued Receipts.
Firstly, within 3 working days from the date on the receipt of the dossier, if it is incomplete or invalid, the Industry and Trade Department shall request the trader to supplement the dossier.
Then, within 05 working days from the date of receiving complete and valid dossiers, the Industry and Trade Department shall consider and adjust RO’s setup permit. In the case of non-adjustment, the Industry and Trade Department must reply in writing, clearly stating the reasons.
In addition, the Industry and Trade Department shall send a written request for comment to the specialized managing Ministry within 3 working days after receiving complete and valid dossiers if:
- Adjustment of operation contents of representative offices are inconsistent with Vietnam’s commitments;
- Or foreign traders not belonging to countries or territories participating in treaties to which Vietnam is a contracting party;
- Or setting up representative offices not yet prescribed in specialized legal documents.
Within 5 working days after receiving that, the ministry shall issue a document stating its consent or refusing. Within 5 working days after receiving the feedbacks, the Industry and Trade Department shall grant or refuse to grant a permit to the foreign trader. In case of refusal, the reasons therefor must be clearly stated.
Lastly, the foreign trader shall base on the appointment date in the receipt to get the result at the Department of Industry and Trade or through the post office.Tags: representative office