Extension of RO’s Operation Licenses in Vietnam
According to the provisions of law, the setup permit of an RO shall be valid for a maximum period of five years without exceeding the time limit stated in the business registration certificate or paper Equal value (if any). At the end of this period, many foreign traders still need to maintain their representative office.
- Decree No. 07/2016 / ND-CP detailing the Commercial Law regarding representative offices and branches of foreign traders in Vietnam
- Circular No. 11/2016 / TT-BCT on the implementation of Decree 07/2016 / ND-CP.
Conditions for renewal of the operation permit
- Foreign traders still operating under the law in countries where traders have set up;
- The representative office does not violate the provisions of Vietnamese law;
- Renewal procedures must get completion at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the License.
Procedures for extension of operation licenses of representative offices of foreign traders
Firstly, documents for submission include:
- Application for extension (according to the form set by the Ministry of Industry and Trade);
- A copy of the business registration certificate or a paper of equivalent value (translated into Vietnamese and stamped legally);
- Copies of audited financial statements or certification of fulfillment of tax obligations by foreign traders (to be translated into Vietnamese and notarized or authenticated);
- The copy of the license;
- Letter of introduction or authorization for another person to carry out the procedures (in case the obligor does not directly carry out procedures).
After preparing the above-mentioned dossier, the foreign trader shall submit to the provincial/municipal Industry and Trade where the representative office’s license is.
Then, it takes 05 working days from the date of receipt of valid dossiers.
At last, license for the establishment of a representative office (with a new term) or refusal letter stating the reason.
Nevertheless, the above procedures apply to representative offices of foreign traders which are not in industrial parks, export processing zones or high-tech zones. In case the representative office is located in the above areas, the dossier will be submitted to the management board there.Tags: representative office